Meet Your Coach
My name is Mary Jo Ross. I am the owner of MJ Executive Consulting LLC and also a business coach/consultant for Level 6. As a small business transformation coach and consultant, I help female business owners visualize a future where they are empowered with the proper tools and understanding to reach a place where they can profitably sell their business, retire, or free up time to spend as they’ve always wanted.
I work intimately with each client to tailor a strategy around eight different aspects of business. This systematic approach helps determine the stability and maturity of their business as well as provide a gap analysis of their organization’s strengths and weaknesses. Together, we create a path to the future. We will find it together.
What Makes Me Different
- I can empathize with and energize my clients because of my experience and knowledge.
- There are no silly questions.
- I’ve been right where you are. I’ve made every mistake you are about to make, and I’ve stared at the ceiling at night enough for the both of us.
- Your personal path to the future you’ve always dreamed about is something we can work together to achieve.
- I live my dream of helping other women today after more than 13 years’ experience as a successful business owner and consultant.
- My first company’s success relied on my constant and consistent involvement and, even though I had staff, it was totally dependent on me and my 24 hour a day engagement. I had no exit strategy.
- I needed a business coach. I am who I needed at that point in time and want to be there for you.
I was the executive director of up to seven state oncology professional associations at the same time over a 14-year period. I’ve also owned consulting and association management businesses for over 13 years. During this time, I created a business model recognized by the national oncology community and emulated by others. As part of that, I assessed the status of new clients and utilized strategic planning with their leadership and members to identify their mission, vision, values, goals and action steps.
I led an implementation team, designing proper structures, branding, marketing, people, accountability and deliverables. We took underperforming organizations, managed operations and created healthy balance sheets. Policies and procedures were created for all aspects of hiring and firing, with a focus on identifying the best person for the job.
We coordinated all aspects of up to 20 medical and business conferences per year and provided over 5,000 oncology-related constituents across the US with regular communications about relevant news, including: rules, regulations, legislation, reimbursement, new product approvals, and advocacy activities at the state and federal levels, as well as helped pass seven laws.
Executive Director Positions Held
- Alabama Cancer Congress
- Louisiana Oncology Society
- Oklahoma Society of Clinical Oncology
- Society of Utah Medical Oncologists
- Mississippi Oncology Society
- Idaho Society of Clinical Oncology
Organizations Worked With
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Community Oncology Alliance
- National Oncology Society Network
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- National Community Oncology Dispensing Association