Meet Your Coach
My name is Mary Jo Richards. I am the owner of MJ Executive Consulting LLC and a business coach for Level 6. As a small business coach, I help female business owners visualize a future where they are empowered with the proper tools and understanding to reach a place where they can profitably sell their business, retire, or free up time to spend as they’ve always wanted.
I work intimately with each client to tailor a strategy around eight different aspects of business. This systematic approach helps determine the stability and maturity of their business as well as provide a gap analysis of their organization’s strengths and weaknesses. Together, we create a path to their future. mine. What makes me the business coach of first choice is that I realize your path is your path. We’ll find it together.
What Makes Me Different
- It is because of my experience that I can empathize with and energize my clients.
- I’ve been right where you are. I’ve made every mistake you are about to make, and I’ve stared at the ceiling at night enough for the both of us.
- Your personal path to the future you’ve always dreamed about is going to be different than mine. What makes me the business coach of first choice is that I realize your path is your path. We’ll find it together.
- I live this dream today after more than 12 years’ experience as a successful business owner and consultant.
- I’ve had the exact same feeling of being trapped in a business I created from nothing and built to a vast success, both in terms of financial and professional fulfillment. My first company’s success relied on my constant and consistent involvement and, even though I had staff, it was totally dependent on me and my 24 hour a day engagement. I had no exit strategy.
- I needed a business coach. I am who I needed at that point in time.
I was the executive director of up to seven state oncology professional associations at the same time over a 14-year period. I’ve also owned consulting and association management businesses for over 12 years. During this time, I created a business model recognized by the national oncology community and emulated by others. As part of that, I assessed the status of new clients and utilized strategic planning with their leadership and members to identify their mission, vision, values, goals and action steps.
I led an implementation team, designing proper structures, branding, marketing, people, accountability and deliverables. We took under-performing organizations, managed operations and created healthy balance sheets. Policies and procedures were created for all aspects of hiring and firing, with a focus on identifying the best person for the job.
We coordinated all aspects of up to 20 medical and business conferences per year and provided over 5,000 oncology-related constituents across the US with regular communications about relevant news, including: rules, regulations, legislation, reimbursement, new product approvals, and advocacy activities at the state and federal levels, as well as helped pass seven laws.
Executive Director Positions Held
- Alabama Cancer Congress
- Louisiana Oncology Society
- Oklahoma Society of Clinical Oncology
- Society of Utah Medical Oncologists
- Mississippi Oncology Society
- Idaho Society of Clinical Oncology
Organizations Worked With
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Community Oncology Alliance
- National Oncology Society Network
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- National Community Oncology Dispensing Association