Meet Mary Jo Richards
About Mary Jo Richards
With a background in communication and public relations, and through her work with mental health, hospice, and for the American Cancer Society, Ms. Richards has grown into one of our nation’s most recognized oncology industry advocates.
In 2008, Ms. Richards formed MJ Executive Management Inc. where she served as Executive Director for six state oncology societies:
- Alabama Cancer Congress
- Louisiana Oncology Society
- Oklahoma Society of Clinical Oncology
- Society of Utah Medical Oncologists
- Mississippi Oncology Society
- Idaho Society of Clinical Oncology
She also assisted the Binaytara Foundation with its national and international conferences and was Chief Administrative Officer of Cure-One (Molecular Evidence Development Consortium), a national nonprofit during its startup and launch.
Ms. Richards works closely with many national organizations, including:
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Community Oncology Alliance
- National Oncology Society Network
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- National Community Oncology Dispensing Association
In 2017, Ms. Richards combined her experience with Next Wave Group, LLC to help create what she believes is the ideal way to provide management for oncology societies and organizations, forming the new HOSS (Hem/Onc Society Services) Division. HOSS provides both full service management and a menu of support and special services.
After 18 years of coordinating large and small conferences (up to 20 per year), Ms. Richards knows what it takes to find and book strong, consistent speakers audiences want to hear from year after year.
In addition to her consulting, Ms. Richards also is the Talent Manager for experienced speakers Dr. Chuck Jackson, Richard Sanders Esq., Ginger Johnson and John Ross, Jr, PhD and Life/Career Coach Linda Liebold Schaible, M.Ed.